Good morning! I am up on the Studio Katia Blog today sharing how I used Black Texture Paste on the beautiful Mandala Stencil from Studio Katia to create two cards.

I was browsing #KristinasOxideCombos and settled on two that made me think of August summer days at the lake. For my first panel, I blended Speckled Egg + Ripe Persimmon + Walnut Stain distress oxide ink using the blending brushes from Studio Katia. For the second panel, I blended Speckled Egg + Evergreen Bough + Broken China distress oxide ink.

Next, I took out a sticky mat and lined my panels up vertically end to end. I took out the Mandala Stencil and placed it in the middle so that the stencil was at the bottom of one panel and the top of the other. Though the stencil was held on by the sticky mat, I used some low-tac tape to cover the edges of the stencil so that I did not get any unwanted marks on my blended panels.

I took out some Black Texture Paste and spread it evenly over the Mandala Stencil using a palette knife. I removed the low-tac tape and the stencil and left my panels to dry.

After the texture paste was dry, I added in some sentiments. I took out the Best Ever set for one and the Birthday Greetings for the other one and stamped the sentiments in black. I then took out the gorgeous Midnight Blue Crystals and added some to each panel using my embellishment wand and some liquid glue. I decided to mount the panels onto some kraft cardstock using some crafty adhesive tape to finish off the cards.

You can find a video tutorial on the Studio Katia YouTube as well as a reel on Instagram!

Thank you for joining me today!

Supplies

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice (Lawn Fawn); Kraft Heavyweight (Tim Holtz)
Stamps & Dies: Best Ever, Birthday Greetings (Studio Katia)
Stencils: Mandala (Studio Katia)
Ink: Broken China, Evergreen Bough Ripe Persimmon, Speckled Egg, Walnut Stain distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Other: Blending Brushes, Crafty Adhesive Tape, Crafty Tool Stand, Embellishment Wand, Liquid Glue, Midnight Blue Crystals, Triangle Tray (Studio Katia)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS