It's my day to post on the Studio Katia Blog! I wanted to continue to work on my Christmas stash, so I took out the Snowflake Shaker die from Studio Katia. I cut out three snowflakes in some kraft heavystock and spritzed them with some phantom mist distress mica spray. I also sprayed a kraft card base with the same colour and then added some white paint spatters and set aside to dry. 

Once dry, I took out the Floral Snowflake stencil and used some crackle paste with it on the card base. I gently removed the stencil and set the card base aside to dry. Next, I took the snowflakes and spread a thin layer of glue over the them and pressed some frost glitter onto the edges. While they were drying, I took out some acetate and the Winter Greetings stamp set. I heat embossed the scripty sentiments in white onto the acetate.

*TIP* to heat emboss on acetate, you will need to move the heat gun around quickly to avoid warping the acetate

Then, I cut out the sentiments. Using some more kraft cardstock, I traced around the ring of the snowflakes to create backers for the shakers. I cut them out and then used them as a guide to cut out the acetate. I adhered the acetate circles to the back of the snowflakes using glue and then adhered the acetate sentiments to the front of the snowflakes. 

*TIP* I added tiny liquid glue dots to the back of the thicker parts of the font so that the glue would not show through when it dried.

Using the 1/8" thick foam strips, I used the ring of the back of the snowflakes as a guide. I then added embellishments to my shakers: Majestic 3M Sequins + Majestic Confetti + Majestic Fusion. I took off the backing of the foam strips with a poky tool and then closed off the shakers with the backers. I will be using one of these shakers for the front of my card.

Once the crackle paste was dry, I could use a bone folder to crease the card base. I took out the Winter Greetings stamp set again and used two smaller sentiments on some skinny white cardstock pieces. I heat embossed these in silver. Next, I adhered them to the card base using glue and then glued the snowflake shaker on top.

For the remaining tags, I added some twine and some jingle bells! The snowflake shaker die design lends itself easily to string through some twine. Done - a card + two tags to add to my Christmas stash!

Christmas Cards: 8 + 1 = 9
Christmas Tags: 1 + 2 = 3

You can find a video tutorial on the Studio Katia YouTube channel, as well as a reel on Instagram!

Thanks for joining me today!

Supplies:

Paper: Kraft Heavystock (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: Winter Greetings (Studio Katia)
Inks & Pastes: Versamark; Crackle Paste - Opaque, Distress Mica Spray - Phantom Mist (Tim Holtz)
Embossing Powders: Silver, White (Ranger)
Dies: Snowflake Shaker (Studio Katia)
Stencils: Floral Snowflake (Studio Katia)
Other: Acetate, Bone Folder, Crafty Tool Stand, Frost Glitter, Majestic 3M Sequins, Majestic Confetti, Majestic Fusion, Round Stamping Block, Triangle Trays (Studio Katia)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS