I have been wanting to try out some ink smooshing with acetate and distress inks so I took the opportunity to try it to make up some sympathy cards.

I started with one of my favourite florals and stamped it onto a mini slimline base. Next, I took out picked raspberry + seedless preserves + uncharted mariner + peacock feathers + mowed lawn distress ink and smooshed some onto my glass media mat. I spritzed them a few times with water and then dipped some acetate into one colour at a time to add some ink to my image.

I tried out a few of these so that I could play around with the ink placement. I found myself much happier with the effect after the panels had dried! I added in some coordinating ink spatters after.

I decided to set my white panel onto some black cardstock and then chose a sympathy sentiment. I am glad to have a few of these in my stash ready for when I need them.

Paper: Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: Happy Tulips, Sunshine of Hope (Studio Katia)
Ink: Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Uncharted Mariner distress ink (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Mini Slimline: Set One (Studio Katia)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS