It's a new month and a new year and that means a new Background of the Month from Unity Stamp Co.! I was so excited to colour up this beautiful barn image when I first saw it! 

I decided to use distress watercolour pencils to colour it up. I wanted my barn to appear a bit aged, so I started by putting down a layer of weathered wood. While it dried, I added a bit of green to the trees and then did the fence and grass in browns. Next, I added in lumberjack plaid over top of my barn, making sure to leave some areas to look like it was weathered. 

I then went through with a snow effect pen and added snow to the trees and barn. This takes a couple of hours to dry so I set it aside.

Once it was dry, I went in and added my sky. I wet the distress watercolour pencil and scribbled some on an acrylic block. Using a very wet paintbrush, I picked it up and coloured my sky. Once the whole panel was dry, I cut it down to be the size to fit into a postage die. I glued it onto the postage die and then set the panel onto a woodgrain cardstock card base. I used a sentiment from another set releasing this month and popped it up using some foam tape.

Watch my video tutorial here:

*This post contains affiliate links.
Paper: Woodgrain (Lawn Fawn); Smooth White (Hammermill)
Stamps: Where Butterflies Wait, Where Fields Begin (Unity Stamp Co.)
Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Chipped Sapphire, Gathered Twigs, Lumberjack Plaid, Pumice Stone, Rustic Wilderness, Weathered Wood distress watercolour pencils (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Postal Frames (The Greetery)
Other: Snow Effect (Studio Light)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS