I tried out a new technique today, called 'double vision' with the beautiful Acorn Almanac just released over at Unity Stamp Co.! I got some amazing tips from Sandi MacIver.
I started out by colouring up this beautiful background image with my OLO markers. I wanted to create leaves that were changing colour and I got some excellent tips from a designer for My Favorite Things. I also used a picture of an oak leaf changing colour for reference. I started by colouring the entire leaf in a light shade of green. At the bottom of the leaf, I used a darker green and then blended it in with a medium green. At the top, I used a dark orange colour and then blended it in with medium and light orange colours.
After colouring up the image, I decided to make the whole panel a shade of yellow with a light yellow marker in the background. Once dry, I used some splatter mediums to add some interest.
To create the double vision effect, I cut the panel into 1/4" strips. I mounted every other strip with foam tape and the remaining strips with tape runner. Using my scoring tool, I was able to line the strips up onto a 4x5 1/4" panel. Then, I mounted the finished panel onto a piece of green cardstock. I used a sentiment from another set to finish off the card.
You can find a tutorial of the card below (coming soon!)
Stamps: Acorn Almanac, Hello Succulents (Unity Stamp Co.)
Paper: Bright White (Hammermill); Cilantro (Lawn Fawn)
Markers: OR 2.3, 2.3, 2.5, 3.7, 3.8, 7.4, 7.6; Y2.0, YG1.2, 1.4, 1.6 (OLO markers)
Other: Black, Gold splatter mediums (Simon Says Stamp)
*This post contains affiliate links

Add your comment