It's our friend, Kai's 2nd birthday today! I just had to make him a card inspired by the magical upcoming storybook his mama is publishing. I have made a few cards inspired by it previously (Cornelius The Dragon + Turn Here For Magic). For this card, I chose to focus on Cornelius the Dragon's garden. 

I had a couple of trees leftover cut from the Lawn Fawn Lift The Flap Tree Backdrop and decided to use them for my scene. Inside the trees I put a '2' and a butterfly. I used the Mountain Stencil with Villainous Potion to set my scene.

I used the Meadow Border and created tulips out of Cornflower Blue plantable paper, which also ties into the story. I had a Little Dragon already coloured up and ready to go, and added him into the scene with some foam pads.

Paper: Black Licorice, Fog, Let It Shine, Watercolour Wishes Rainbow (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour (Canson); Silver Foil (CTMH); Cornflower Blue wildflower seed mix (Botanical Paperworks)
Ink: Tumbled Glass, Villainous Potion distress oxide (Tim Holtz); Archival Black (CTMH); Fir (Pigment Craft Co.)
Stamps: Little Dragon (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Happy Birthday Line Border, Lift The Flap Tree Backdrop, Little Dragon, Meadow Border, Oliver's Stitched 123s, Puffy Cloud Borders (Lawn Fawn)
Stencils: Mountain (Lawn Fawn)


SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS