It's our friend, Kalina's 5th birthday today! I went back and forth on some different card designs but finally settled on making another Cornelius-inspired card. Cornelius the Dragon is a beautiful children's story written by Kalina's mama, Nadine!

I had seen a card using the Lawn Fawn Stitched Wavy Backdrop as a garden and decided to try it out. I cut the background out in Kraft and then went in with some Ground Espresso distress oxide on the edges.

 Next, I spattered some drops from that ink, along with some white and gold spatters from Beam Paints. I decided to create a grassy area at the bottom and used the same die to cut out the bottom two panels from Cilantro cardstock.

I decided to create a mini scene at the bottom in addition to the garden where the strawberries could lay. I put my sentiment at the bottom and then added in a couple of bees flying over the strawberries.

I already had some garden boxes coloured up with my Tombow markers and I decided to make them popping out of the ground in the garden. I knew that I wanted to have 'Cornelius the Dragon' watering the plants and set him up with his cute watering can! I added in some white highlights to all of my images with my white gel pen. Happy Birthday, Kalina!

Paper: Cilantro, Kraft (Lawn Fawn); Coldpress watercolour (Canson)
Ink: Archival Black, Black (CTMH); Ground Espresso, Rustic Wilderness distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Stamps: Berry Special, Garden Before 'n Afters, Little Dragon (Lawn Fawn)
Dies: Berry Special, Garden Before 'n Afters, Little Dragon, Stitched Wavy Backdrop Portrait (Lawn Fawn)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS