December 31, 2023 in ,

Top Picks for 2023

 This year is coming to a close and I love looking back through my blog to highlight some of my crafty accomplishments and favourite projects from this past year. It was a big year of trying new techniques, creating on a design team, and trying my hand out at tutorial videos. Here's a month-to-month recap:

January

Making a Birthday Card with Harvey
This is becoming a fun tradition each year to make my husband a birthday card with our son, Harvey. He loves coming into my craftroom with me and creating something together. It makes me so happy to spend this time with him, too.

February

Rawr Means 'I Love You' in Dinosaur
I made up a few different valentines this month using the dinosaurs and hearts. These are the two I made up for Harvey and Alex and I love how they turned out. You can find Harvey's valentines that we made together here and the valentines I made up for our nephews here.

March

How Do You Spell Love?
Winnie the Pooh stamp sets have been one of my most fun adventures this year - I just LOVE colouring them up! They also sold really well up at Fullfill in Kimberley and I had lots of requests for them :).


April

Studio Katia Design Team
One of the definite highlights of my year in crafting has to be being asked to be on the Studio Katia Design Team! I have been a fan of their products for years now and love that they are Canadian. I absolutely loved being on the team and it pushed me to try out some different techniques throughout the year, like this crayon resist for my first project.

May

Quick Birthday Name Shakers
Shaker cards quickly became something exciting to play around with while being on the Studio Katia Design Team. I LOVED digging through the assortment of embellishments that they sent me to find the perfect combination for different colour palettes and themes!

June

Spring Roses Watercolour
I love how this design turned out and I found some fun in creating up coordinating tags to go along with my projects! I've coloured up this image before several times and I enjoyed seeing how it would turn out with heat embossing in gold and colouring up with my Tombow markers!

July

Dark Background Using the Daisy Bunch
I enjoy switching things up to make a slimline card and have been wanting to try out a dark background for awhile. I did some masking here, coloured in the background with my Tombow markers, and added in some gold flecks with my Beam paints.

August

Texture Paste with the Mandala Stencil
I love making more than one card at once and was thrilled with how the mandala and texture paste looked on my ink blended backgrounds (I spent a LOT of time searching for just the right combo!). These colours remind me of lake days and the last few days of summer.

September

Snowflake Shaker Card + Tags
I love this delicate little snowflake die and was so happy to use it on a card and some tags for my Christmas stash! The shaker elements inside are so pretty, too!

October

Happy 6th Birthday, Harvey
This Game Day Collection was absolutely perfect for Harvey's birthday invitation, cupcake toppers, and card! I feel like it will be a great set to use for many upcoming friend birthdays, too.


November 

Dear Santa, Define Good.
November is when my crafting really started to pick up again after a bit of a slump and I'd say I'm pretty proud of this card. It really was only a short time ago that I would never even attempt colouring this much on a card and I think my colouring has come a long way! I absolutely love the Frosty Flakes stencil too and thought the way it turned out with the distress mica stain was so perfect for the look I was trying to achieve!

December

let it snow. let it snow. let it snow.
Ironically, we haven't had much snow this winter, yet, but I love the technique I used on this card to mask, ink blend, and use some subtle highlights with markers (colour instead of watercolouring) and twinkles with some white paint.

The video tutorials I created this year were a BIG highlight and accomplishment for me this year. I absolutely loved creating them and learned a lot. I sure hope I can find the time to create more in the new year! Here is a playlist looking back at the videos I created this year:

 


That wraps up my highlights of the year from each month! I cannot wait to see what crafty adventures come my way next year! Cheers to 2024 :)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS