I am up on the Studio Katia Blog today with my first shaker card project! I am fairly new to the world of shaker cards and let me tell you, Studio Katia is the perfect spot to get all of your shaker card needs! With Mother's Day coming up soon, I wanted to make some personalized cards for both my Mom and my Mother-in-Law. What do you call your grandmother? Grandma? Nana? Nonna? Gigi? Oma? This written tutorial will detail how I made the 'Grandma' card and my YouTube video tutorial will show how I made the 'Nana' card. Supplies for both cards are listed and linked below.

Using the Dotted Slimline Set 2, I cut out a mint coloured background for my card using the largest stitched rectangle and set it aside. Next, I used the lacy rectangle to cut out the part that I would use to make my shaker in white cardstock. I took out the Chunky Alphabet and lined up 'Grandma'. Because there are two 'A's I made sure they would both fit and then secured the letters together with a long piece of washi tape.

I took the 'To The Best' stamp from the Spring Roses stamp set and embossed it in gold above the word 'Grandma'. Next, I adhered a piece of acetate to the back of my cut out letters using liquid glue. Taking out the Foam Strips 1/8" thick I outlined the back of my panel and then made a smaller pocket around the letters where my embellishments would go. At this point I decided to cut out another piece of the lacy rectangle in white cardstock to make sure my embellishments would stay put when I assembled the card. I chose to ink blend this panel using my blending brushes with Cracked Pistachio + Kitsch Flamingo + Peacock Feathers distress oxide ink.

This is a close-up of the letters on the 'Nana' card

I added in some Butterflies Glitter along with some Icy Rainbow Confetti + Spring Green Crystals and closed up the back. The triangle trays were handy to hold my embellishments so that I didn't accidentally dump in the entire bag! I glued the 'Grandma' panel onto the mint background using crafty adhesive tape. I added some Iridescent Bubbles to accent around the name. I just LOVE shaking these cards!

Here is my YouTube video tutorial for the 'Nana' card. You can find a reel on Instagram as well!

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my projects today!

Paper: Mint Julep (Taylored Expressions); Solar White (Neenah)
Stamps: Spring Roses (Studio Katia)
Ink: Cracked Pistachio, Kitsch Flamingo, Peacock Feathers distress oxide (Tim Holtz)
Dies: Chunky Alphabet, Dotted Slimline Set 2, Mini Slimline: Set One, Mini Slimline: Small Hearts Cover (Studio Katia)
Embellishments: 
Grandma: Butterflies Glitter, Icy Rainbow Confetti, Iridescent Bubbles, Spring Green Crystals (Studio Katia)
Nana: Hearts Glitter, Iridescent Bubbles, Rose Gold Confetti (Studio Katia)
Other: Princess Gold embossing powder (Ranger); Acetate Sheets, Blending Brushes, Collapsible Heart Bowl, Crafty Adhesive Tape, Crafty Metal Snips, Crafty Tool Stand, Foam Strips 1/8" thick, Glue, Triangle Trays (Studio Katia)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS