I am up on the Studio Katia Blog today featuring a new technique I wanted to try: ghost embossing! The name sounded interesting so I just had to check it out. I started out with the Dotted Slimline - Set Two large stitched rectangle and cut it out in some kraft cardstock. Next, I took out the Sunshine of Hope sunflower and started in the middle of the card. I inked up the sunflower with Vintage Photo distress ink and stamped the image twice. Then, I shifted the slimline panel over to the right and down ever so slightly. Next, I inked up the sunflower with some white pigment ink. I stamped the image 3 times. This produces the 'ghost embossing' effect by giving the illusion that the sunflower has been embossed!

*TIP* the amount you want to shift your panel to achieve this effect really depends on the thickness of the image you are using; the lines of this sunflower are not very thick, so I did not shift it very much!

I repeated this same technique for the other two sunflowers on each side. You can easily mask off the petal in the center of the sunflower if you desire. After that, I took out a Slimline Shaker Pocket. I removed the protective film and then lined the pocket up over my kraft slimline panel. I created a white frame by using the two dies in the Dotted Slimline - Set One set and then cut out the oval outline again using a silver foil paper. I adhered these frames to the shaker pocket using some liquid glue.

Next, I took out the Simply 'hi' stamp set and embossed the scripty 'hi' in white onto some kraft cardstock. Then, I used the banner from the Mini Slimline: Set One and embossed a coordinating sentiment in white on black cardstock. I adhered this to the middle of the card and then overlapped the scripty 'hi' to the left side of it.

*TIP* when adhering the dot to the letter 'i', keep it in the negative and add glue to the back; line up the die cut and then push the dot through for perfect alignment!

I added some crafty adhesive tape to the back of the flaps of the shaker pocket. Using the bone folder, I adhered the flaps to the back of the kraft slimline panel and was sure to leave one end open to add some shaker embellishments.

I chose Majestic 3M Sequins + Majestic Confetti + Majestic Fusion embellishments for this shaker card. I love the shine they give off while still being clear and neutral. Once I was happy with the amount of embellishments, I closed up the shaker card and then adhered it to a card base.

You can find a full video tutorial on the Studio Katia YouTube channel, as well as a reel on Instagram!

Thank you for joining me today :)

Paper: Distress Kraft Heavystock (Tim Holtz); Solar White (Neenah); Silver Foil paper (CTMH); Black Licorice (Lawn Fawn)
Stamps: Simply 'hi', Sunshine of Hope (Studio Katia)
Ink: Vintage Photo distress (Tim Holtz); White Daisy (CTMH)
Dies: Dotted Slimline - Set One, Dotted Slimline - Set Two, Mini Slimline: Set One, Simply 'hi' (Studio Katia)
Embossing Powder: White (Ranger)
Embellishments: Majestic 3M Sequins, Majestic Confetti, Majestic Fusion (Studio Katia)
Other: Bone Folder, Crafty Adhesive Tape, Liquid Glue, Slimline Shaker Pockets, Triangle Trays (Studio Katia)

SHARE 0 comments

Add your comment

© Allie's Adventures in the Kitchen, Crafting, and the Kootenays! · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS